twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Visa Guidelines is back

Alhamdulillah, I got married to a lovely lady by the name of Sarah and we're enjoying our new phase in life since that momentous day.

And yeah, I graduated from the University of Nottingham and thus, escaping from the evil clutches of my medical school. woot2! probably needs a post on this as well but yeah, maybe later.

at the bottom of this blog, there is an article on visa guidelines for medical students graduated from UK medical schools under MARA scholarship who are planning to work as an FY1 doctor in the UK.

After all, it was my visa guidelines which i made 5 years ago that helped me to get to know a lot of people and for some, have now become my close friends. And it helped a lot of other people as well. So I hope that this guideline would ease your efforts a bit. Visa application is always confusing.

Scroll down to the bottom for the guideline

Saturday, August 10, 2013

long night

This is a post dedicated to Ahmad Syafiq Hamzi. This story happened exactly 2 weeks ago when we went to I'tikaf Perdana IKRAM UKE 1434H. Being medical students, people tend to approach us and ask us all these questions about their health..which is fine but it should be noted that we are not qualified yet to be trusted upon.


So he came to me and asked about the sudden onset pain which occurred at the 1st MTP (metatarsaphalangeal joint) which is the joint which your big toe bends at the foot. It was swollen and quite warm. He couldn't recall any trauma or anything that might be causing the pain. My top diagnosis - GOUT.

Because everything that he mentioned to me was very classical of this condition:
1st MTP (common site), sudden onset pain, swollen & hot.

It wasn't that severe when he first presented in the afternoon but after Subuh the following day (on Sunday), it was pretty severe. Everyone already went to sleep because most of us were awake the other night. And Capek was practically limping. He can only mobilised with the help of another person as a support.

(I feel like I'm writing a case report)

He said that the pain was so severe and from what I've learnt about gout in final year is that, the pain can be really dreadful. So, I knew it was time for him to go to A&E (Accidents and Emergencies). 

I was the one who went with him since Hosni had to stay to oversee the programme. And when we arrived, I was surprised that we get to see the nurse pretty quick. I'm sorry Capek but although you were in pain, I was pretty excited to see a real life clinical scenario happening in front of me. All the questions that the nurse asked were relevant and it's technically how I myself would approach the problem. I also told Capek to keep my identity as a medical student a secret since I didn't look forward to being questioned by Leeds consultants. 

After that, he had an X-Ray in which I was..
"What?! That wouldn't show much. You should aspirate it!" 
Lol. All of these were my inner monologues. I guess they just want to do the X-ray to exclude other possible reasons for the pain. 

Then, the long wait comes. It was soooo long, I actually thought Capek was hallucinating :P He had a stronger painkiller (codeine) when we initially arrived which could explain his hallucinations. Me on the other hand, learned to sleep by using my arms to support my head..which actually worked.

After about I don't know for how long, the doctor came and talked to us. It was gout! Yeay, I was right. Haha. And Capek was given diclofenac (strong painkillers) and was told to go to see his GP as soon a possible in which he didn't because he's leaving the UK in the next 2 weeks which is today!

It had always been a dream of Capek to be featured on my blog. So here you go! Lol. He actually said that he had a dream of me writing about him on beingme xp

I knew that you were happy that I came with you to A&E. Well, since you're leaving soon, and even if I had to go to the A&E to spend some time with you before you're back for good in Malaysia, then let it be. You'd do the same right? But you'd be bored to death to hear the medical jargons. Hahaha.

Have a safe flight today! Take care, make lots of doa whist on the flight. Thanks for everything and today, I made your dream come true ;P sort of...

0 reviews:

Post a Comment