twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Visa Guidelines is back

Alhamdulillah, I got married to a lovely lady by the name of Sarah and we're enjoying our new phase in life since that momentous day.

And yeah, I graduated from the University of Nottingham and thus, escaping from the evil clutches of my medical school. woot2! probably needs a post on this as well but yeah, maybe later.

at the bottom of this blog, there is an article on visa guidelines for medical students graduated from UK medical schools under MARA scholarship who are planning to work as an FY1 doctor in the UK.

After all, it was my visa guidelines which i made 5 years ago that helped me to get to know a lot of people and for some, have now become my close friends. And it helped a lot of other people as well. So I hope that this guideline would ease your efforts a bit. Visa application is always confusing.

Scroll down to the bottom for the guideline

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

legacy

Just to be clear, this post is simply for my reading. But I don't mind if you want to read it too. As you probably know, I write on this blog because I want to remember things..it's an alternative to writing them in my journal.

I named it "legacy" because it was one of the names of our university email account which had changed a no of times throughout the 5 years. I like this name the most.

So I learned that we're going to lose access to our university address soon. Thus, I transferred some of the emails which I wanted to keep to my business email address and for some, I put them on my blog so I can look at them whenever I want to :D

Let's go right from the bottom end of my inbox:

1. Random Fling

Gambar hiasan. Source: click me

It's the university's Frisbee team which I joined from the first few years. I saved the files on play tactics to my computer in case I want to use them in the future, hahaha.


2. Medschool began showing their true colours


It was the beginning of the opression onto those who were powerless. No wonder I became so rebellious throughout the 5 years. It began in 1st year! Things kept getting ugly from thereon:

a. Putting registers in lectures
b. Making the Honours criteria more difficult
c. Not considering learning Arabic as a good enough reason to be given permission to stay in Nottingham for 3rd Year
d. Moved the Clinical Skills Centre and made it less convenient!
e. Forced us to use Moodle from NLE (website for lecture slides and stuff)
f. I met my nemesis in 5th Year during my final attachment when he didn't think attending Friday prayer is a good enough excuse to switch groups
g. Renovate everything in our Final Year - the train station, the tram lines, the medschool!! It's just too much for us okay

3. The year that began the format of our Finals exam


4. Becoming a photoshoot model for the University of Nottingham starting in 2nd Year


And from that day onwards, I have appeared in prospectus, websites, emails and flyers. Plus, you get paid for it, haha.  

5. I realized how much I love teaching as a Student Associate when I read what I wrote in this email

This event was featured in  - teenage dreamto sir, with love & butterfly fly away


6. The time when I didn't get Psychiatry for my 3rd Year project and I emailed the coordinator to check if there is a spot



7. The time when I began to stand up for my rights to get feedback

My tutor was the one who encouraged me to get feedback whenever I feel unhappy or feel something's not right with my result. I'm glad to have her as my tutor. And I've been demanding feedback ever since.


8. The time when I get an MRI of my brain. No, seriously


9. The time when the lead singer of Paramore invited me to become a guest blogger on the university's blog


10. And the time when I was actually offered a position as one of the first generation Student Bloggers! And get paid for it, hehe



11. The time when my photo first appeared on the student news


12. That I actually read journals to prepare for an exam in 3rd Year. Aku pon tak percaya pasal ni

My email:

Lecturer's response:



13. A lovely email from my Immunology hero


14. When I still want to do a Psychiatry project in Clinical Phase

Featured in - ...baby one more time


15. How I almost became a nominee (as always, lol)

About becoming a nominee, featured in - one last time


16. Bila kena sound dengan bos sebab buat blogpost yang ada unsur negatif, heh

Featured in - fix you, torn assunder (uni blog)


17. From 4th Year onwards, I started to request for holiday during Eid Ul-Fitr and made Syakir jealous along the way (Syakir is Nik)


18. When I had this awesome Obs and Gynae consultant who gave me motivational quotes every now and then


One of her best quotes

19. When I became bffs with my landlord, lol



20. And you all know about this email from this lovely Muslim lady who even made a du'a for my #PrayforMay

Featured in - misery business


21. The time after my FINALS Knowledge exams and it was so noisy because we were taking the exams near a construction site and I think I actually helped everyone in the room get extenuating circumstances :O 

This guy was so sleepy (because he replied late at night) and called me Maria, lol

22. My VERY long email to the Clinical Coordinator when I was so disappointed with the feedback at King's Mill Hospital after I failed my Finals. It was a very upsetting moment.


23. And of course, I finally showed the medschool that I am a force to be reckoned with iA

Featured in - lightning 


Coolness! I actually managed to complete this post in one day, hehe. Now, I want to download the lectures before I lose access to that as well. So many things to be done, so little time but alhamdulillah, happy days are here again...

0 reviews:

Post a Comment