twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Visa Guidelines is back

Alhamdulillah, I got married to a lovely lady by the name of Sarah and we're enjoying our new phase in life since that momentous day.

And yeah, I graduated from the University of Nottingham and thus, escaping from the evil clutches of my medical school. woot2! probably needs a post on this as well but yeah, maybe later.

at the bottom of this blog, there is an article on visa guidelines for medical students graduated from UK medical schools under MARA scholarship who are planning to work as an FY1 doctor in the UK.

After all, it was my visa guidelines which i made 5 years ago that helped me to get to know a lot of people and for some, have now become my close friends. And it helped a lot of other people as well. So I hope that this guideline would ease your efforts a bit. Visa application is always confusing.

Scroll down to the bottom for the guideline

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

rude

I believe that people should always be nice and polite when talking to one another..and especially in stressful situations. 

It was last week when I was in the Surgical Assessment Unit (SAU) that one of the staff was just being rude to me. Let's call her Cruella. She was upset that there were 2 patients being sent to the ward when they were not supposed to. I was asked by a nurse to see those patients since they are Urology patients. I went to SAU and asked Cruella where these patients were. Without even making proper eye contact (and I think she was walking away from me to show that she's more superior and has no time to entertain an FY1 like me), she said the patients are at the entrance of the ward. So I talked to the patients and asked them if they have been given any letters in which they replied they've given it to the nurse. So I went to see Cruella again and asked about the letters. She looked at me with a very annoyed face and raised her voice, "What letters??!". Sheesh, cuba relax. Bukannya nak suruh catheterise patient pon. So I just walked away from her because I don't have time to deal with rude people. I know you're stressful but making others stressed out as well is not helpful. Be nice, smile and don't frustrate others.


And I had my first on-call on the 25th. You might think it would be quiet but we were definitely short-staffed. There were only 3 FY1s and everyone wants me to join them in their ward round! O_o I joined Urology and then General Surgery. Whilst I was on the Surgery ward round, I got a bleep from Orthopaedics and the lady asked me why I didn't join the Orthopaedics ward round. I said I've joined Urology and now I have to join Surgery. And then she screamed over the phone saying "How am I supposed to do the jobs and answer my bleep??!! Are you kidding me??". I wanted to say "Yes" but that wouldn't be a nice joke so I just kept quiet and the she hung up the phone abruptly after she said "That's fine". 

So yeah, people can be very rude when they're stressful. But a better thing is not to make others upset when you're stressed out. Cause then, you will develop a chain of stressful individuals. Stop the chain, break it. You are in control of your emotions. 

So even though I didn't go to PMS this year (referring to Perhimpunan Musim Sejuk), I actually met a no of people who experienced PMS in hospital.

Haha...  

1 reviews: